Saturday 19 January 2008

Manchester United Beat Reading

Honestly I did not watch Manchester United against Reading. I had other matters to attend to, however I wasn't surprised with the 2-0 away win. It's starting to become a habit now, Manchester United are on a roll and seems as if we'll be at the top come the end of the season. Anyway I tried reading the match report from soccernet but then decided I couldn't be bothered. Match report at soccernet. I'm too lazy to write about it:)

This week has been full of news in the football world mainly due to Kevin Keegan's appointment as Newcastle manger. Way to go Newcastle get rid of your manager in the middle of the season, although I don't blame Mike Ashley for sacking Allardyce. The football Allardyce made Newcastle play was s**t! Newcastle could have least given the poor guy a season. They're 12th in the league, which isn't so bad. Now Keegan faces the task of building the team again and getting them into Europe.

Keegan has 2 weeks of the transfer window left and it isn't likely Newcastle will receive a injection of creativity this month. Players are unlikely to move now and finding a player of quality will prove troublesome.

Keegan's first game in charge finished in 0-0 draw against Bolton, it will be interesting to see how he does and how long he lasts.

No comments: