Saturday 5 January 2008

Aston Villa 0 - 2 ManUtd: One Boring Game!

Wow! What a boring game! Well at least we got to see two goals in the last 10min but still. The game in general was sore on the eyes, I'm sorry but i couldn't believe what i was watching. I actually fell asleep at around the 60th min and I was in a pub!

The atmosphere was dull which kind of reflected what the game was like for us.

It was as if the team had just switched off, Ronaldo didn't even manage to pass any defenders with his usual step-overs and when he tried he managed to give the away to the opposition. The only useful thing he did during the 90min was score and that was a sitter.

And what was wrong with Carrick today, it seemed he didn't know where to the ball at times. However it did show he was short of match practise. Same for Saha, I was glad to see him back in action and I'm sure he'll get on the score sheet as soon as he gets more games under his belt.

Rooney returned to action, and I think his inclusion onto the pitch really had a positive effect on the team. It wasn't until he came that game picked up and he actually managed to get on the score sheet. His presence always seems to help United perform better

All in all the game sucked! I don't know if it was the hangover but I really wanted to get out of there and get some rest. It was unbearable to watch, I wanted to see more action and was left frustrated at the lack of opportunities Man Utd created. The players get paid around £60,000 a week, you would expect them to be more lively during the game.

No comments: