Thursday 24 July 2008

Scholes Set to Retire in Two Years


One of United's all time greats, Paul Scholes has admitted he does not expect to carry on playing for more than two season.

Scholes, now 33 years old started at United as a trainee and has remained there every since. The midfielder has been an integral part of the success United have experienced under Ferguson and he will undoubtbly be missed when he finally hangs up his boots.

The midfielder does not enjoy a high profile image compared to others at the club, such as; Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo. You hardly see him in the tabloits, Scholes has always done his talking on the pitch and is one of the most consisent performers ever to have played for United.

Scholes said: "How long will I go on? I'd think two years at the most.

"I have one year left on my contract and hopefully I'll get another one but I suppose it all depends on how you're feeling and how you're playing.

"At the moment I just think two years would be about right."

Paul Scholes is a true professional in my eyes and he always produces a solid performance. A player like him does not come around so often, lets hope Anderson has what it takes to fill in his boots.

No comments: